Microsoft’s Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is now available. This post lists some of the highlights of this update and compatibility of Quick Heal products with the OS.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update – Highlights
- Security enhancements in Edge browser
- Introduction of OneDrive Files On-Demand scan – Cloud feature
- Windows update improvements
- Windows Defender changes –
- Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) improvements
- Exploit Protection introduced
- Controlled folder access in Windows Defender Antivirus for ransomware attacks
- Additional security and privacy protection
Which versions of Quick Heal will support the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?
For Existing Users
Users of Quick Heal v16.00 or higher must take the latest Quick Heal updates before moving on to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
For New Users
The latest Quick Heal builds of v17.00 onwards, downloaded from Quick Heal website, support the Win 10 Fall Creators Update.
All Quick Heal products will start supporting the Fall Creators Update by early November 2017.
How to apply the latest Quick Heal Update?
- The update will be applied automatically if your Quick Heal’s Automatic Update is turned ON.
- You can apply the update manually too. You can do this by following any of the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Update Now button on your Quick Heal dashboard
- Go to Help -> About, click on Update Now
- Right click on the Quick Heal icon in the system tray and click on Update Now
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Quick Heal -> Click on Quick Update
How to know if the Quick Heal update has been successfully installed and is compatible with Win10 Fall Creators Update?
If your Quick Heal Virus Database Date falls after 8th August 2017, it means that the latest updates compatible with Win10 Fall Creators Update have been installed on your computer.
Note – Fresh installation of Quick Heal version 16.00 and below is not supported by the Win 10 Fall Creators Update.
If you have any queries about the Windows Fall Creators Update and your Quick Heal product, please call us on 1800 121 7377 or drop us a line in the comment section below.