Many of our readers might recall that we had spoken of the ‘Windows 10 upgrade’ release and its compatibility with Quick Heal in an earlier blog post. We are glad to inform you that we have released the software update, downloading which will make your Quick Heal copy (v16.00) compatible with Microsoft Windows 10.
Probably the most awaited event of the year, the Windows 10 upgrade is just a few days away from being released to users all over the world. So, we have a great news for all Quick Heal users who are planning to get the upgrade.
We have begun rolling out the Quick Heal software update (QHWin10Update). For those who are not aware, QHWin10Update is a software patch that will make Quick Heal v16.00 compatible with Windows 10.
Some important points to be noted:
# QHWin10Update is meant for all active users of:
- Quick Heal AntiVirus Pro (v16.00)
- Quick Heal Internet Security (v16.00)
- Quick Heal Total Security (v16.00)
- Quick Heal Internet Security Essentials (v16.00)
# Users of older versions of Quick Heal (versions lower than v16.00)
We recommend you to upgrade your Quick Heal to the latest version (v16.00). Doing so will let you receive the QHWin10Update which is necessary for Windows 10 compatibility, as mentioned above. You can upgrade your product to v16.00 for free by visiting http://www.quickheal.co.in/upgrade/
How to apply the QHWin10Update?
A. The update will be applied automatically if your Quick Heal’s Automatic Update setting is turned ON.
B. You can also apply the update manually. You can do this by following any one of the following methods:
- Click on the Update Now button on your Quick Heal dashboard.
- Go to Help -> About, click on Update Now.
- Right click on the Quick Heal icon in the system tray, click on Update Now.
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Quick Heal -> Click on Quick Update.
- Users need not uninstall or reinstall their Quick Heal copy for applying the QHWin10Update.
- After applying the update, it is recommended to restart the PC.
- For any information about the Windows 10 Upgrade, visit this FAQs page.
How will users know if the update has been installed on their computer or not?
If your Quick Heal Virus Database Date is equal to or greater than 26th July 2015, then it means that the QHWin10Update has been installed on your computer.
If you have any questions about the QHWin10Update, please do share them with us in the comments section below. We will be glad to answer all your queries.