This is a quick advisory to warn our readers about a new WhatsApp scam that is afoot. In this scam, a fake message is getting circulated which informs a user that their WhatsApp subscription has expired and that they can buy a lifetime service just for 99p by clicking on a link. Clicking on this link will take the user to a phishing page which is maintained by the scammers to capture confidential bank details (credit/debit card no., Internet banking login ID and passwords, etc.).
What should you do?
• If you receive this message from a known sender, inform them about this scam and advise them to block the sender and not to forward the message any further.
• Before acting on any such message, verify it from the app developer’s website or customer care (if any).
• Be careful of WhatsApp messages that talk about amazing offers and urge you to click on a link. Scammers use such messages to direct users to fake or infected websites.
• Before sharing any message on WhatsApp, ensure it is safe and that it does not affect others in any way.
• Install a mobile security app on your phone that can block access to fake and infected websites.
Remember, digital security is a shared responsibility. Stay safe!
If you found this post helpful, share it with your friends and inform them about this WhatsApp scam.
Nice article on Security.
Yes, digital security is a shared responsibility. Thanks.
AM HAPPY TO KNOW THESE ALL THINGS .
THANK YOU QUICK HEAL TEAM
I will be ware.
Thanks, no massage
i recieved a messege from a unknown sender asking to add few nos. but turned out to be phisher messege what can i do about it
I need the mibile internet security. I have already bought the one for for labtop.
Please visit https://bit.ly/2isL3JA
I love using Quick Heal Internet Security, It is very effective. I recommend it all who want a secured security application. Happy New Year!
I get a very good information…
And i want to thank Quick Heal Security for securing me…
Thank You… Quick Heal…
this is absolutely correct because there are many friends in my circle who have shared these type of links and i have to explain them that this kind of links are dangerous and can steal away all your details within a second and you will be in danger.
Quekhil antivirus best for mobile and laptops
These is the best app for security
Thank you for the Article that’s been published by your end.
Highly appreciate that.
Thank u very much sir
How can i get alert?
Given the seriousness of the cyber threats from hackers, info thieves and terrorists, staying save on the internet is should be the topmost priority of concerned internet users. Let’s spend some extra bucks to buy a good internet antivirus software on our smartphones, tabs and computers. I thank the Quick Heal Team for warning us about the internet frauds and other security threats we might face from Cyber criminals. Let’s also inform our friends and family about these frauds and threats.