If we are to believe what tech pundits have to say, mobile devices are going to rule the roost when it comes to Internet usage, in the coming years.
Reportedly, mobile data traffic in 2012 has been recorded to be 12 times higher than global Internet traffic in 2000.
Globally, mobile Internet is forecast to hit a whopping 23,000,000,000 GB of data. And by the time 2018 ushers in, this figure will have reached a mammoth figure of 131,000,000,000 GB, as reported by experts at ABI Research.
Some Common Factors that Have Sky Rocketed Mobile Internet Usage Include:
1. Social networking sites
2. Pre-purchase research
3. Mobile video
4. Increase in sales of smartphones and tablets
5. Increase in usage of mobile commerce websites
6. Internet access by nearly 50% of adults who own cellphones
7. Second screening (usage of mobiles or tablets simultaneously while watching television)
Increasing Mobile Internet Calls for Better Mobile Security
With more and more people replacing their computers with mobile devices to access Internet, it is only a matter of time before hackers begin full-blown attacks against mobile users. Therefore, a reliable mobile security solution can only be referred to as the need of the hour.
Did you know that in 2012, mobile malware attacks grew by 58%?
So, if you are also more into mobile Internet, then your security solutions must offer the following features:
Virus Protection that
• Scans apps for security issues the moment they are downloaded
• Runs in the background with an “always-on” protection
• Shields the mobile’s file system against malware threats
Backup Feature that
• Takes a cloud backup of your important information including contacts, text messages, etc.
• Provides ease of retrieving all such information whenever required
Anti-Theft Feature that
• Locks the phone when its SIM card is changed, and sends a notification to an “alternate number” (set by the owner) from the new SIM card
• Allows you to track your mobile, in case if it is lost or stolen
• Helps you lock the phone or wipe its data, with remote access
SMS Block and Call Block Feature that
• Allows you to blacklist known and unknown numbers to block their calls
• Allows you to block text messages from know and unknown numbers
• Protects your device from spam messages
Parental Control Feature that
• Helps block malicious websites, and those inappropriate for your kids
• Helps you track the Internet activities of people using the device
Regular Updates that
• Happen automatically thus, offering real-time virus protection
Event Logger that
• Gives you complete reports of every activity taking place in your phone
Although hacking activities are rampant in desktop computers, the mobile environment cannot be assumed to be in the safe house. Quick Heal security solutions offer all the features required to give your mobile the protection it needs from threats that lurk on the Internet.