A new variant of TrojanPSW.Zbot campaign themed
– FDIC has officially named your bank failed bank
– An unauthorized transaction billed to your bank account
– You are in a higher tax bracket
– Your Order with Amazon.com” is currently flooding the mailboxes
The email pretends to be from the
– American Bankers Association
– Tax Commissar
– Internal Revenue Service
Invites the victim to review the attached report.
The file transaction report.exe , tax statement.exe, tax report.exe is a Banking Trojan used to steal banking credentials from the victim (including confidential details such username, password, credit card number, etc.). By harvesting cookies and accessing other information, the criminals can extract a lot of personal information which can be used to increase their chances to get access to the victim’s online banking account.