As part of the Windows 10 Updates, Microsoft has now come up with a new update for Windows 10 PCs. It’s called Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
This post lists down some of the highlights of this particular update and Quick Heal’s compatibility with the OS.
Highlights of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Windows Defender Security Center (WDSC) gets Fluent Design support and now it will be called as “Windows Security”
- Additional Privacy settings
- Enhancements in Cortana – Cortana section in Settings renamed to “Cortana & Search”
- New Snip & Sketch screen capture tool screenshots quickly and easily
- Improvements in Sets feature
- Improvements in Microsoft Edge web browser
- Improvements in Windows Update
- Improvements in Storage Sense features
- SwiftKey typing support in touch keyboard
Supported Quick Heal Version Details
- For Existing Users
Users having Quick Heal version 16.00 or higher must take the latest Quick Heal Updates and then move to upgrade for Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Recommendation – Prior to moving on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Quick Heal Update is mandatory.
- For New Users
Fresh Install – Latest Quick Heal Product v17.00 downloaded from Quick Heal website is supported for Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
How to apply the latest Quick Heal Update?
- The update will be applied automatically if your Quick Heal’s Automatic Update is turned ON.
- You can also apply the update manually. You can do this by following any one of the below mentioned methods:
- Click on the Update Now button on your Quick Heal dashboard
- Go to Help -> About, click on Update Now
- Right click on the Quick Heal icon in the system tray and click on Update Now
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Quick Heal -> Click on Quick Update
How to know if the Quick Heal update has been successfully installed and is compatible with Windows 10 October 2018 Update?
If your Quick Heal Virus Database Date is latest, then it means it is compatible with Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Note – Fresh installation of Quick Heal version 16.00 and below versions is not supported by Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
If you have any queries about the Windows 10 October 2018 Update and your Quick Heal product, please call us on 1800-121-7377 or drop us a line in the comment sections below.