Keeping up with the tradition of serving our customers with salient new features every year, we are proud to announce that the new and improved Quick Heal 16.00 has now arrived. The famed R&D center at Quick Heal constantly strives to create new products that are aligned with the customer expectations, and we take immense pride in the fact that we provide that something extra every year.
This year, our focus shifts towards the hordes of online shoppers and users who carry out banking transactions over the Internet. As more people have access to the web today and a greater percentage of the population conducts their banking activities and purchases online, we feel this is the apt time to provide our customers with a security layer aimed at safeguarding these transactions.
With that in mind, here are some of the salient features of the new and improved Quick Heal 16.00 that you can utilize for your online security needs today.
Highlights of the new and improved Quick Heal 16.00
Safe Banking for the masses
With the help of this feature, you can now conduct secure financial transactions on banking portals, e-commerce websites and other similar platforms that involve payments and confidential credit card details. The Safe Banking feature of Quick Heal:
- Blocks fraudulent and malicious websites that steal user information
- Gives automatic protection against threats such as phishing, identity theft, insecure HTTP connections etc.
- Ensures that the site you are conducting banking or online shopping on has a secure connection
- Blocks malicious programs that record user keystrokes
- Prevents you from getting redirected to other malicious websites
Enhanced PC2Mobile Scan for multiple models
Today, anyone who has Internet access potentially owns a smartphone. Quick Heal now grants the ability to plug in your smartphone to a Quick Heal protected PC and scan your phone for malware and other threats. The enhanced PC2Mobile Scan feature offers the following benefits:
- Effectively scans smartphones for spyware, viruses and other malware embedded within them
- Supports all makes and models of Android, iOS and Windows Phone operating systems
- Supports USB or Bluetooth connections
Vulnerability Scanner to pinpoint known security vulnerabilities
This enhanced feature in the new and improved Quick Heal scans your PC for known vulnerabilities within popularly used programs from vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe etc. With an advanced scan engine to locate vulnerabilities in a machine, this feature lists out vulnerabilities in installed programs and shows the patches that should be installed by the user. Vulnerability Scanner provides the following key benefits:
- Runs automatically in the background whenever a Full System Scan is initiated
- Notifies about critical computer security flaws that allow hackers to hijack your PC and data
Remote Device Management (RDM) for hands free security control
Previously, only the users of Quick Heal mobile products could utilize the RDM feature to access their license details and console. Now this feature has been extended to include desktops and laptops as well. RDM enables you to control your Quick Heal license details and other functionalities through a seamless cloud-based account. RDM provides the following key benefits:
- You can remotely view the security status of your device on the portal
- You can renew and manage your product license or multiple product licenses
- You get notified of any critical situation such as a malware infection on your system by accessing the cloud-based account
You can access the Quick Heal RDM portal by visiting this link.
How existing Quick Heal users can get these features
The upgrade to Quick Heal 16.00 will be available from 6th December, 2014. Existing users can download the upgrade for free from 6th December.
Users who do not have Quick Heal installed on their machines can either download a trial or purchase the product outright by visiting this link.
A key aspect of introducing new features such as these is staying aware about what our users think about these benefits and their functionalities. As always, we would love to hear from you and know your opinion on these key features and how they would benefit you. Is there any feature that you would like to see implemented in the future? Do let us know, and in the meantime, Stay Safe!