• BHIM is a digital payment app recently launched by the Government of India.
• BHIM app is currently available only in Google Play Store.
• Several other apps having the name ‘BHIM’ are present in Google Play.
• Install only the official BHIM app developed by ‘National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)’
What is BHIM?
Short for Bharat Interface for Money, BHIM is a newly launched app designed for instant cashless payments through your mobile phone. To know how to use the app and what all features it offers, read this article by indianexpress.
Important points to remember
• Several apps having the name ‘BHIM’ have already flooded the Google Play Store confusing a lot of users. While some of these apps act as a guidebook on how to use the BHIM app, most of them display the list of supported banks. However, there are apps that ask for permission to access the user’s data and pictures – this can be dangerous!
• As of now, BHIM is only available on Google Play. It hasn’t been launched for iOS and Windows phone users.
• Before installing BHIM, ensure you verify these points:
- The developer name is ‘National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)’
- The developer’s website is http://www.npci.org.in/UPI_Product.aspx
• Here’s the link to download the official BHIM app from Google Play –
• Avoid downloading this app or any digital payment app from third-party app stores.
• If you should require a guide to using BHIM, visit the link mentioned earlier in this post.
• Install a mobile antivirus app that can block installation of fake and infected apps on your phone.
If you think this post is helpful, then share it with your friends. Stay safe!