Phishing Scam – Axis Bank
Scammers are once again targeting banks in order to dupe unsuspecting users. The latest victim of their attacks is Axis Bank. The phishing email contains an HTML file which displays a fake page upon execution. The page is a replica of the official Axis Bank online banking webpage. The scammer tries to create panic by mentioning certain security updates for the user’s account in a bid to convince the user to run the attached HTML file.
Upon execution the file opens the phishing page. If the user happens to share vital information like his username, password etc. all the shared information will immediately get transferred to the scammer.
Quick Heal detects the fraudulent Html file and even blocks the phishing link too.
- Latest IT Security News, Updates and Alerts from the Weeks Gone by
- India – the 4th Most Targeted Nation by Phishers!
- Dos and Don’ts while entering you Debit Card PIN at Retail Outlets
- Let’s Celebrate Computer Security Day with these Safe Computing Tips
- Here’s a Checklist of Things you shouldn’t Reveal Online